Sunday 7 July 2019

A Fresh Start

Sometimes in life, you need to take a breath, dust yourself down and start again. So that's what I've done. You see, I'm a chronic dieter and binge eater. I've tried Slimming World, I've tried Calorie Counting. I've even tried starvation. Don't do it. Just don't. After a few months away from Slimming World and eating like a complete pig with sugar cravings to match, last weekend I decided it was time to bite the bullet and get my lardy backside back to the grind, maybe shift some weight. After a bit of googling and some coercing from others, I finally dragged myself out of the house before 9.30AM and attended a local morning group.

I'm so glad I did.

I have my focus back, and I'm accepting my new (again) way of eating as just the way my life will be most of the time. I've eaten well, maybe not drunk enough but baby steps, and I think I should at least get a 1lb loss. I know doesn't sound like much for a Slimming World member's first week, but as long as it's a minus, I'll be happy.

I do feel a bit happier in myself, and maybe a little healthier. I know my sugar craving is WAY down and that's a good thing in itself. I've tried to make the best choices and I've not missed anything from my diet, so hopefully I'm onto a winner this time round. I have quite a distance to go before I reach my target but if I can reach it within a year, I'll be delighted and I will know that I have reached it in a safe and manageable way, which will hopefully mean I can maintain the weight loss for good.

I figured I would start blogging again as a way to note down my musical and food endeavours that might ensure I am held accountable for all my actions. One can but hope.

The one thing I really notice this time around is the fact that as soon as I'm back on plan, the hunger pangs start. Maybe it's because I'm constantly thinking about food. Or because subconsciously I want the bad stuff and because I don't eat it, my hunger won't subside. I'm not sure. But I definitely find it difficult to stop eating. I do, though. As soon as I'm satisfied, I stop. Although this usually coincides with the end of the meal, oddly enough. I just need to make sure I reach for the right foods between meals. Fruit and veg or something including those that is low syn.

For example? I'm hungry right now. I had two pork steaks and a large salad with leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, pickles and picked onions on it. I've had a drink, as well as a coffee and a cereal bar, but the rumbles are still there. Maybe I'm lacking carbs today. Good thing we are having a roast dinner tonight. I might have wasted away by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What day is it?

No, seriously. What day is it? I have a habit of forgetting what day it is when I'm on holiday, so it is little surprise that I have no ...